Just after the COVID 19, economic recession, lockdown effects and other factors made Online Teaching Jobs much preferable. Since teaching online is easy and enjoyable, many of the teachers have decided to shift their classrooms online. So what are the job opportunities with online teaching? Let's get into it.
What is Online Teaching?
Online Teaching is a teaching process where one can teach others online, rather via internet. While teaching online one can take classes from anywhere, anytime. Online teaching is also known as Remote Teaching, it trains teachers to teach students via internet in various modes, i.e. one - to - one mode, conference mode, webinar, video teaching and lot.
How does it work?
To teach online one needs to have access of good internet connection and a device like computer or smartphone or tab. The interaction between the teacher and the student takes place via video calls mainly. Teachers can conduct live classes through a proper platform; they need to provide study materials, video contents, power point presentations and other stuffs through internet, so that students can easily understand the relevant topics.
What are the advantages of Online Teaching?
In a single word online teaching is flexible and convenient. Here we go for a brief discussion.
1. Accessibility: Online teaching gives one the accessibility of conducting classes from any location anytime which made teaching easier for both the students and teachers.
2. Encouragement: Online classes may encourage students who may not actively participate in traditional classroom settings.
3. Flexibility: Online teaching gives the flexibility to teach in different methods and various learning styles, which made teaching and learning both interesting.
4. Cost effectiveness: Since online teaching doesn't require any traditional classroom set up, transportation expenses, extra electricity bills and other expenses, it is very much cost effective.
5. Comfortable: Online teaching allows one to take classes according to their own comfort. It gives the freedom to schedule classes in accordance to one's convenience.
A lot of other advantages are there but not listed here.
What are the types of Online Teaching Jobs?
Here are a lot of online teaching jobs. A few types are listed below.
1. College-level online teaching faculty
2. Primary level online teachers
3. High school level online teachers
4. Online English teachers
5. Private online tutors
6. Course developers
7. Instructional designers (ID)
8. Subject matter experts
Other online jobs are also present which are not listed here.
What are the basic requirements to become an online teacher?
The basic requirements to become an online teacher are:
1. One needs to have access of good internet connection and devices like smartphone or tab or computer.
2. Teachers need to get familiar with online teaching tools.
3. Teachers should have good communication skills so that they can interact with their students properly.
4. Teachers need to have the ability of engaging everyone in the online class and encourage every student.
5. Teachers should make online classes more interesting and enjoyable so that students don't get bored easily.
6. One need to be patient and adaptive in term to handle a lot of students virtually.
7. Teachers need to make good plans for lessons and conduct online tests and provide good study materials.
These are basic requirements one needs to fulfill to become an online teacher.
What are some resources for online teaching?
1. Discovery Ed is an online community that provides teacher-to-teacher ideas.
2. Education World offers more than 1,000 high-quality, in-depth free lesson plans.
3. Read-Write-Think has tons of reading and language instruction materials.
Other than that YouTube, Google, virtual libraries like National Digital Library can help teachers to grow.
So this was all about Online Teaching Jobs, one can get a brief idea from the above. This will definitely make teachers' online teaching journey easier.